Your home is where you spend time with family and friends, the place where you can relax and unwind, and the space where you will create memories that last a lifetime. Whether you’re looking to purchase your first home, hoping to downsize, or anything in between, it is important that you find the right place to call your own. And that is just what the Red Shoe Realty team will help you with!
Defining what you envision is important when searching for your new home. You’ll want to consider things like location, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, your price range, timeline, and top three most important features.
You can download your CENTURY 21 “My Home Wish List” to get started.
Your agent is an important part of your team as you work to find your home. You should choose an agent who you can communicate and work well with, and who shows passion, professionalism, and expertise. At CENTURY 21 Red Shoe Realty, each of our agents work with a practical, focused approach that our clients rely on in making this home buying decision.
Getting pre-approved allows you to move forward with your ideal home with confidence. You’ll know what price range of homes you can consider, and how that will fit into your monthly budget. In addition, you’ll gain extra credibility in the eyes of sellers if you come to the table with a pre-approval.
Your agent can help you find a lender that is able to best assist you with this part of the process, and you can visit our communities page to learn more about lenders in your community.
Once you’ve defined your goals, chosen your agent, and gotten your pre-approval letter, it’s time to begin the home search! During this part of the process, you’ll work side-by-side with your agent to find properties that meet your criteria. Because each of our agents live right in the communities that we serve, they’ll be able to give you additional insights into things like community events, schools, groups, and all of the aspects of your life that will be impacted as you move into your new home.
Once you’ve found the property that you’d like to buy, you’ll work with your agent to write an offer. Your agent will guide you through this process so that you feel completely confident with the final document that you deliver to the seller to review.
Once the seller has accepted your offer, there are a few essential steps that typically occur before closing:
- Contingency Period – During this time, the property inspection, approving covenants, etc. will occur.
- Financing and Appraisal – Next, the home will be appraised and your lender will work with you to complete all of the financing steps.
- Title Work – Then, your team will complete the title work.
- Loan Approval – Finally, if all steps and requirements are fulfilled, you’ll receive your loan approval.
During each step of this process, your agent will be working alongside you!
And, the most anticipated part of the process, the closing date is when you’ll officially receive the keys to your new home!
Before closing, make sure that you have completed the following:
- Review the Closing Disclosure that you will receive from your home buying team.
- Complete the final walkthrough of your new home with your Red Shoe Realty agent.
- Have all materials for closing that your lender will request from you.
- Switch over the utilities to your name.