We all have that person on our Holiday Gift List that is impossible to buy for. They won’t give you any ideas, and they seem to have everything that they could need. What do you do with people like this? You gift them an experience instead of something tangible! Experiences make a great gift option for a variety of different people on your list, and we have some fun selections to choose from with our holiday experience gift ideas.
For Your Significant Other
Sometimes, those we are closest to can be the hardest to buy gifts for, but finding a way to spend quality time together is a surefire way to make the holidays extra special this year.
Here are some ideas to try:
- Special date night at home – you could try subscription service Happily for something different!
- Rent a room or home in your favorite city to explore for a weekend
- Virtual lessons for something they have been dying to learn (painting, cooking, guitar, etc.)
For Your Kids
If you have younger kids at home, they are likely getting a little stir crazy, and we are sure you are too! Finding a way to get outside together is a particularly good option for kids this year. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Kids plan the day! Let them run the house for a day – picking everything from meals to bedtime
- Virtual pizza party and movie with their cousins or best friends
- Lessons for something they love (horseback riding, painting, rock climbing, etc.)
For Your Parents
Parents are notoriously hard to buy gifts for, but giving them a way to unwind and relax can solve your gifting struggles. We like the idea of an annual subscription for your parents, and here are some options to check out:
- MasterClass Annual Subscription
- Meal kit subscription, i.e, Hello Fresh
- Cocktail box from Shaker & Spoon
Whoever you need to buy a gift for this year, we encourage you to try and gift a few of them with something hands-on; an opportunity to experience something new and special.