The annual hunting season is here, and whether you’re heading to a stand in the woods or plan to pound the pavement and start your holiday shopping, we have you covered with everything you need to know about Hunting and Shopping Opener in New Ulm this year!
This Fall has been such a beautiful one, and the week and weekend leading up to Deer Hunting opener present us with another opportunity to explore what our incredible community has to offer. In New Ulm, we have two annual events that we look forward to every year. Here are the must-know details for the 2020 events!
- GnomeMade Market
- Date: November 6-8, 2020
- Visit some of your favorite, historic locations in New Ulm and support local artisans by starting your holiday shopping early!
- The GnomeMade Market offers you the opportunity to shop unique, handcrafted items to gift to others or to decorate your home with.
- Get the map for all participating stores [HERE]!
- RSVP and get more information [HERE].
- Shopping Opener: “Eat, stay, shop and play! The New Ulm Specialty Shops have joined together for open houses, tasty treats, events and more” (New Ulm Chamber of Commerce).
- Date: November 6-8, 2020
- Shop local stores for special discounts, and visit the Women’s Expo and Craft Fair to visit over 100 booths.
- Get more information on participating locations [HERE].
We hope all the non-hunters in New Ulm and our surrounding communities are ready to shop and support our local vendors! Remember to bring your masks and practice social distancing 😊
Deer Hunting Opener
Now to our hunters. We know you are filled with excitement as you prepare for your annual hunt. To help prepare you for this weekend’s hunt, here’s a quick list of “to-do’s” to make sure you are ready!
- Check the weather. As seasoned hunters know, you need to dress for the weather, and in Minnesota, no opener weekend is the same as the last, and conditions can change from day-to-day. Check the weather, and dress in layers so you can remove a layer to stay comfortable for as long as you can sit.
- Sight in your rifle. This is especially important if you have not fired your gun for a full year. Take an hour before opening morning to make sure your sights are on target so you can be confident in your shot on opening morning.
- Get your tag. You can pick up a deer tag at countless locations in Minnesota – from Fleet Farm to gas stations. Be sure to look up your hunting zone prior to buying to keep the process moving; otherwise you can typically look it up at the location where you purchase the tag. Adult firearm tags in MN are $34 and youth are free from ages 10-12 or $5 from 13-17.
We wish all of our local hunters a safe and successful harvest this year!