If you plan on starting the selling process this Fall, we want to make sure that you are able to attract the right buyer and receive the ideal sale price for your home. There are simple, inexpensive steps you can take to make your home more attractive to buyers, both on the interior and exterior. Keep reading for our top tips to make a successful sale this season!
The exterior of your home is the first thing prospective buyers see when they come for a showing, and it should be no surprise that the poor curb appeal can quickly put a damper on buyers’ excitement. Use these three activities to make your house more attractive from the outside.
- Clean-up Your Landscaping. This hack is virtually free except for your labor. Take inventory of items that need attention, such as weeding, dead grass spots, overgrown bushes or trees, etc., and get to work!
- Touch-Up Your Paint. You don’t have to paint the entire home to make a difference in your curb appeal. If the paint on your window and door trim or your deck is peeling, you can make a big difference in the appeal of your house by repainting these areas.
- Power Wash. If you don’t own a power washer, you can rent one locally. Use this machine to clean up your siding, walkways, and driveway.
When you employ these tips, you will make your potential buyers very eager to enter your home to see what awaits them inside!
We work closely with our sellers to make sure their home is showing-ready by offering a free staging consultation. Along with this, we also recommend that all sellers do these three things before they make their listing active:
- Declutter. It is essential that you remove all unnecessary items and built-up clutter from your home before you invite potential buyers in. This step requires cleaning of every nook-and-cranny, organizing, and donating/disposing of everything you don’t need. *Note, it might be beneficial to rent a storage unit if you have too much stuff in your home and garage.
- Make repairs. You don’t want any lingering issues in your home that might cause a buyer to back out. Make any repairs – big or small – before you list.
- Update paint. Applying neutral paint colors is a great way to help potential buyers envision their life in your home. Update any rooms that have a bold color with a light, neutral paint.
When you complete these interior and exterior projects, you help to ensure that you attract several buyers and get the best sale price for your home!
If you are ready to start the listing process, reach out to us today to connect with a realtor and get to work!