With many local activities canceled or postponed this summer, there are still tons of fun things you and your family can do in the New Ulm area. We want to encourage everyone in our community to get out and enjoy everything our great communities have to offer this summer, so keep reading for some fun ideas!
Activities in New Ulm
Here is our list of top local activities that will get you out of your house and allow you to enjoy the beautiful nature this area has to offer:
- Play Frisbee golf or get a workout in at Nehls Park in New Ulm
- Bike the 13-mile loop around New Ulm
- Visit the Riverside History & Nature Learning Center
- Take a hike at Flandrau State Park
- Climb the Hermann Monument
All of these activities can be enjoyed by everyone in your family and offer something unique so you can make a plan to visit a different place every week!
Other Local Areas
If you want to venture outside of New Ulm, there are a lot of other nearby areas that offer great options for weekend family activities. Here are some of our favorite:
- Walk the track around Sleepy Eye Lake
- Bike the 13-mile loop at Red Jacket Trail Park in Mankato
- Go hiking at 7 Mile Park in St. Peter
- Camp at Minneopa State Park in Mankato
There are so many other Southern MN areas to explore, and we encourage you to find one that provides areas to perform the activities you love most!
Do it at Home
If you are planning a day of activity at home, there is so much you can do together as a family in your own backyard. You can set up a volleyball net, play a pickup game of soccer, or do some yoga!
The possibilities for getting out and enjoying our short summers are endless. Whether you stay local, venture to neighboring towns, or do it in your own backyard, we hope every member of our community finds ways to make the most of this summer!