As you probably know, it is firearm opener for Deer Hunting in Minnesota this Saturday. Minnesota has a long history of deer hunting, and for many families, it is a generational tradition to get up early on opening morning, trudge into the woods, and anxiously sit and wait for a deer to wander by.
To help prepare you for this weekend’s hunt, here’s a quick list of “to-do’s” to make sure you are ready!
- Check the weather. Nothing is worse than getting into your deer stand and twenty minutes later, you’re too cold. It’s best to dress in layers so if you do get too warm, you can remove a layer to stay comfortable for as long as you can sit.
- Sight in your rifle. This is especially important if you have not fired your gun for a full year. To ensure a good, clean shot when you’re hunting, take the time before you go to make sure your sights did not shift off target.
- Get your tag. You can pick up a deer tag at countless locations in Minnesota – from Fleet Farm to gas stations. Be sure to look up your hunting zone prior to buying to keep the process moving, otherwise you can typically look it up at the location where you purchase the tag. Adult firearm tags in MN are $34 and youth are free from ages 10-12 or $5 from 13-17.
We know that a lot of wives, moms, and girlfriends tend to stay home on deer hunting weekends, and we are so lucky to live in a community that offers many fun activities that you can enjoy right in town! Check out the list below to see what’s going on in New Ulm over Deer Hunting Opener:
- GnomeMade Market: Nov 7-10
- Wine Diva Days at Morgan Creek Vineyards: Nov 8-10
- Shopping Opener: Nov 8-10
- A to Zinnia Wreath Workshop: Nov 8 from 10am-6pm
- Women’s Expo & Craft Fair: Nov 9
Whether you’re out for the deer hunt or staying in town for some fun activities, we hope you have a great weekend!